It's officially a cold, cold winter and we all need a cuddly, delicious pick me up.
Personally I can have a slice of this incredible honey cake for breakfast with a nice hot cup of tea but that's just me.
Let's get right to the recipe; we've got no time to waste!
Bake Time: 50 minutes to 1 hour
Cooling Time: 15 minutes
Hardware: 10-inch bundt pan
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- powdered sugar for dusting
- 1 tablespoon room temperature unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup delicious honey (wildflower or orange blossom is good)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup black tea steeped in hot milk instead of water
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 small clementines, zested
- 3 tablespoons of clementine juice
HOW TO BAKE THIS DELICIOUS CAKE
PREHEAT OVEN to 350 degrees Fahrenheit!
- Butter and flour your cake pan and set aside.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients to incorporate them well together and set aside.
- With a mixer (hand or stand) whisk together all the wet ingredients until completely emulsified.
- With the mixer running on medium speed add the dry ingredients slowly until well incorporated and the batter is nice and smooth.
- Pour the batter inside your floured bundt pan and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour making sure to keep an eye on it. It should be golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean once baked.
- Let the cake cool 15 to 20 minutes once out the oven and then invert onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once completely cooled you can plate it and dust it with powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy this delicious cake with your loved ones.