It's the 4th of July! The great Independence Day!
On July 4th, 1776 the thirteen Colonies of what would become the United States of America declared their independence from the British Monarchy and now we celebrate our accomplishments as a Nation each year!
All of us at The Fine Market want to wish you and your families a great 4th of July filled with pride, fun and good food from here till the end of time!
So here is a fun and delicious little recipe to add to your festivities!
*SPECIAL TOOLS FOR THE 4TH OF JULY:
This delicious salad can be made into a cute 4th of July dish by cutting out your mozzarella into little white cheesy stars! You will need a small shape or cookie cutter in the shape of a star and make sure to buy mozzarella firm enough to cut easily so you won't go nuts trying to make these cute little details.
- 1 pint blueberries
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes cut in half
- firm mozzarella cheese (cut into cute start for the 4th of July!)
- fresh basil leaves
good olive oil like this one
- salt and pepper
- In a serving bowl add all the ingredients
- Season to taste with your olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper
- Mix gently to combine without damaging your little mozzarella stars
- NOTE: Best when enjoyed right away or soon after it is made
YOU CAN PAIR THIS SALAD WITH MANY OF OUR ORGANIC FLAVORED OILS!