This recipe is a standard go to for many Italian home cooks. It is fast to whip up and delicious to go down!
This recipe uses fresh tagliatelle pasta. You can find the recipe for fresh pasta dough here.
NOTE ON PORTIONS: As a general guide, you should allow 75g (2.65 oz) of dried pasta per person and 115g-150g (4.06-5.29 oz) of fresh pasta.
When dealing with stuffed pasta (such as ravioli) a serving is usually 175g-200g (6.18-7.05 oz) per person.
- 500 grams (about 1.1 lbs or 17.64 oz) of fresh tagliatelle pasta
- 3.5 oz of Italian Prosciutto Cotto (in a real pinch you can use really good ham) - chopped in cubes or small strips depending on thickness you've decided upon.
- 8.82 oz of frozen peas
- 5 fl oz of heavy cream
- 1.41 oz of fresh Parmesan Cheese
- 1 small golden onion - minced finely
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- fresh nutmeg
- black pepper
THE "HOW TO"
- In a deep pan add a ladle of warm water and about a tablespoon of butter and melt over gentle heat, add your minced onion and stew gently for 5-6 minutes, adding water if needed not allowing it to fry or brown.
- Add the frozen peas along with another ladle of water and cook covered for 20 minutes or until they are cooked.
- In another pan over medium heat add the remaining butter and the chopped prosciutto and allow the butter to flavor for a couple of seconds.
- Add your cooked peas, salt to taste, add some fresh pepper and a couple grates of fresh nutmeg.
- Add the fresh cream and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Cook your fresh tagliatelle in boiling salted water till they are al-dente.
When draining your pasta, reserve some of the cooking water in case your sauce needs thinning.
- Add your drained pasta, preferably still dripping with some of its cooking water, directly into the cream sauce.
- Add the parmesan cheese and mix for a couple of seconds with the pan still on the heat. If the sauce is too thick add some of the pasta's cooking water.
- Make sure to serve this dish right away and enjoy it!
Have you made this recipe? Make sure to share your delicious dish and tag it with #afinerecipe for a chance to be featured on our channels!