"Pasta Alla Carbonara" is a quick go to for anyone wanting a delicious all inclusive meal. Its got carbs, its got protein and its got deliciousness.
Serves 4-6 people
- Good olive oil
- 1/2 pound pancetta or thick cut bacon, diced
- 3-4 whole fresh eggs
- 1 cup of grated pecorino or parmesan cheese
- 1 pound of white wheat spaghetti pasta
- Black pepper
- Bring pasta water to boil (4 quarts / 16 cups) and salt
(usually 2 tbsp per 2 quarts of water)
- Toss the pasta in the water and while that's cooking start on the sauce
In a large sauté pan on medium heat brown the chopped pancetta making sure not to burn it (you can take it out of the pan if cooked before the pasta is ready)
- In a small bowl beat the eggs and add 1/2 of the cheese in
- When the pasta is al-dente transfer it to the sauté pan with the pancetta and toss it along with the beaten eggs quickly stirring and tossing making sure the heat of the pasta cooks the egg through without scrambling it
- Add the remaining cheese and a good dose of black pepper (to taste of course) and toss again
- Serve right away and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe? Make sure to share your delicious dish and tag it with #afinerecipe for a chance to be featured on our channels!