Gorgonzola cheese is the Italian blue cheese that can only be made and certified as true Gorgonzola if made from ingredients and made in the Piedmont or Lombardy region (in the North of Italy).
Luckily you can now readily find it in most American Supermarkets in the imported cheeses section. It is worth a taste. You can pick from soft and gooey and milder tasting to the more aged, harder/crumblier piquant style.
Either way you have to try this recipe!
TRI-COLOR TAGLIATELLE IN CREAMY GORGONZOLA SAUCE
- 1 large slice of Gorgonzola cheese (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- About 1/4 to 1/2 cup of milk (depending on how much sauce you make and how runny or creamy you make it)
- Tri-color tagliatelle (which you can purchase here >>>)
- 1/4 of a cup of grated parmesan cheese + more to taste when served
THE HOW TO:
- Boil and salt the pasta water
- Throw the pasta in and get to making your sauce so by the time the pasta is ready you can just throw it into the ready sauce
To begin the sauce: In a large sauce pan melt the butter
- Add as much milk as needed as the base of your sauce and heat through without bringing to a boil
- Crumble in your gorgonzola cheese and 1/4 of a cup of cheese and kill the heat to allow the cheese to melt with the heat of the milk only and not become grainy
- Stir to melt and emulsify the sauce
- Add your cooked pasta and toss together adding more milk if it needs thinning or some more cheese and a little bit of pasta water if it needs thickening.
- Serve right away and grate over more parmesan cheese to taste.
- ENJOY IT!!!!!!