THE "TEA SANDWICH"
A tea sandwich, which can also be referred to as a "finger sandwich", is a small prepared sandwich meant to be eaten at afternoon teatime (usually around 4PM depending on where you live) to stave off hunger until the main meal, dinner, which is usually eaten around 8PM (again, depending on where you live).
It fits in with the classic afternoon "after school snack" for kids; unless of course dinner is at 6PM, which is the average time Americans will eat dinner (between 6 and 7 PM).
Either way this tea sandwich is great as a snack or even as a lunch if you want to have more than one. Enjoy!
- Good sliced sandwich bread of your choice
- Organic Soy Mayo with Ginger & Turmeric
(which you can find here)
- Thinly sliced roast beef
- Thinly sliced Swiss cheese
- Fresh greens (if desired)
- Spread a layer of soy mayo onto two slices of bread
- Layer a slice of roast beef and a slice of Swiss cheese on each side
- Add any fresh greens you like to one side (if desired)
- Close up the sandwich
- Using a serrated knife cut the crust off (if desired or if going for that classic "tea sandwich" look) and the cut diagonally to make two triangle sandwiches
- Stack up on a plate with some garnish if serving for tea, lunch or a picnic or just enjoy straight away!
You can see this being made on our YouTube channel in the video below.
DON'T FORGET TO LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR MORE RECIPES!
AND: DON’T FORGET TO SHARE YOUR OWN DISH WITH
and tag @thefinemarketofficial to get a chance to win a free treat in your next order!!