Now that the hot weather is tapering off and fall is coming our diets should be changing slightly and our immune systems might change along with them!
Never fear! Mother Nature is here!
Who hasn't heard of making honey, ginger and lemon tea by now? Well, we're honoring this drink and reminding you to take some time for yourself and enjoy the turn of the seasons without letting your immunity dip.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO MAKE IT:
- 4 cups of drinking water
- 1 lemon (wash it well and buy non-waxed lemons)
- 1 large thumb-sized piece of ginger (peeled)
- 3 tablespoons of honey
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Slice in 1/4 inch slices the lemon and ginger
- Place all ingredients in one pot and set it to boil
- Once boiling wait 30 seconds and then turn off the heat
- Cover the pot tightly and let it steep for 10 minutes
- Serve and enjoy!
What are some of the benefits these ingredients have?
HONEY: Powerful natural antioxidant, antibacterial and anti-fungal, boost immunity and aids digestion and gut health plus helps soothe sore throats.
GINGER: Fights germs, helps with mouth health, antibacterial, calms nausea, soothes sore muscles and eases arthritis symptoms, lowers blood sugar and can even ease period pains.
LEMON: Supports heart health, great source of Vitamin C, helps with weight control, prevents kidney stones, protects against anemia, improves digestive health.